Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Tea Rooms at Yarck

Bizzare. The only word I can use to describe the Tea Rooms. And I don't think I mean that in such a derogatory way, though I'm not 100% sure. We were expecting a cosy cafe with hearty home made food on a fresh Autumnal evening, eating with the locals, and maybe even washed down with a nice pot of Earl Grey. What we got was a high end Italian restaurant filled with City folk, complicated nouvelle cuisine, and all priced at the high end of the Melbourne CBD range (which is one hundred and fifty kilometers away by the way.)


We may have confused our waitress a little by being vegetarian, but after she had explained the options to us for the third time, Alison was still unsure exactly what she had ordered (it turned out to be a tagliatelle-broccoli-ragu-thingy.)  I stuck with the pizza, which also came with broccoli, which may well have been on SuperSpecial at Coles or something. We shared several delicious plates of antipasti to start, and the food was very good by the way. But like I said, bizarre. You've seen their logo above right? 

I do submit my reviews on trip advisor, where I am classed as a contributor. I'm almost a senior contributor. Woo-hoo. You can find my reviews by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment