Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Out and About at Werribee Golf Club

Friday 27th April
Werribee Golf Course, Werribee

If it wasn't hard enough already for a novice golfer, I didn't need the added burden of snakes lurking in the rough. That just isn't cricket, or golf for that matter. If my ball went into the rough, it was going to stay there, and I would happily take a drop. Needless to say I was less worried about my score card of one twenty, than I was with coming off the course with all my fingers accounted for.

Just in case you were wondering whether snakes do actually turn up on the fairways, this report from a competition from August 2011 confirms it:

"The warmer weather is definitely on the way as we were told there was a snake sighting on the 17th hole. Any balls that went astray in the rough stayed that way, not many wanting to risk the chance of a friendly sighting!!" Competition Report, August 2011
A friendly sighting? Is there even such a thing? Besides, I'd would be pissed if you built a golf course on top of my house without prior consultation.

"On one occasion this led to a snake being disaquainted with its home which in turn slowed the pace of work." The Starting Years at Werribee Park - A recollection by Alan Thompson (Life Member WPGC)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHERE YOU WILL FIND WERRIBEE GOLF COURSE:

No comments:

Post a Comment