Monday, April 21, 2014

Mountain Biking in You Yangs National Park

April 2014, You Yangs, Victoria.



We often go walking in the bushland of the You Yangs National park, around forty five minutes south west of Melbourne, and thoroughly enjoy it. I finally got round to taking our mountain bike down there this holiday weekend. Absolutely brilliant! Boy do I regret that taking me four years to get round to. 


There are two designated biking areas, containing over 50km of excellent tracks. I tried the easier and flatter Kurrajong Plantation area, that consists of three loop tracks of around 20km, and route 15 which has a few jumps and high bank turns to muck around on. This area is designed for riders of all abilities, and since it was the first time I had been mountain biking since the early 2000's with my PCWB chums, I was happy to ease my way back into the saddle. Plus our mountain bike dates back over 15 years old, and even though we recently had it serviced, it's lacking any form of suspension, and frankly would scare the crap out of me going hell for leather down hill. read more...





Waiting for me is the more technical and challenging Stocklands area, but having seen the YouTube video of some of the tracks, I might have to put some practice in before I get there. And find some bottle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment